Thornbury Golf Centre is looking for an experience Clubhouse Manager to oversee the daily operation. The successful candidate must possess a strong knowledge and experience within Food & beverage operations.
• To oversee the daily clubhouse operation, all food and beverage outlets and Lodge Reception, to manage all departmental resources and employees, including hiring, training, scheduling, developing and evaluating.
• Maintain the existing food and beverage programme of events and to develop new concepts and strategies that ensure the highest possible level of service, that exceeds customer expectations, and encourages new and repeat business.
• Responsible for controlling food and beverage labour costs in line with set targets by accurately forecasting staffing levels against the needs of the business, and to record wage costs and forecasting on a weekly basis for the centre and head office.
• To maximise sales potential through the marketing of food and beverage events and promotions.
• To be fully aware and accountable for the departments P&L and to record and display, on a weekly basis, departmental revenue performance against budget.
• To ensure maintenance, cleanliness and overall appearance of the centre are to BGL standard, and to liaise with the GM over any issues.
• To communicate daily with all departments to maximise the efficient day to day running of the Club.
• To assist in the duty management of the centre and to deputise in other areas as required. Duty Managers may be required at times to stay overnight at the Lodge due to business needs.
• To be aware of all current legislation, including health and safety, food safety and employment law.
• Ensure that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, sanitation, food preparation and storage, alcoholic beverage service, cash and credit card processing, till operations, stock control and health and safety.
• Ensures full personnel management of entire front of house team, including staff reviews, annual appraisals, objective setting, along with recording all external and on job training.
• Ensures that adequate inventories are maintained, secured and storage is provided.
• Reviews all bookings for catered activities, i.e. Weddings and meetings, and ensure all appropriate preparation is made in advance.
• Solicits and handles customer enquiries, comments, suggestions, and concerns to provide answers or determine solutions. Follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
• Conducts staff meetings and post notices for co-workers to communicate goals, events, and any changes to policy and/or procedure.
• Provides feedback to General Manager including customer comments, ideas for service improvement, strategies for revenue growth, and health and safety issues.
• Complies with BGL personnel policies and procedures and health and safety procedures.
• Adopt a hand’s on and flexible approach to all aspects of work and undertake any further duties as requested by the management.
We expect all our staff to:
• Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times
• Be environmentally focused
• Support each other in everything we do, recognising and developing each individual’s potential
• Take complete ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do
• Deliver to our customer's consistent high levels of service, quality and value in everything we do