POSITION: Commis Chef
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head Chef/Sous Chef
Responsible for day to day food preparation for the golf course & range food cost of sales to budget; works with Head Chef to develop revenue and expense plans to maximise sales and profitability while maintaining excellence in quality and customer relations.
· Attends work in correct uniform, at correct rostered time
· Completes all food preparation for all catering outlets, which may include bar/lounge, snack bar, on course sales, Range and function suite
· Be able to work alone as well as part of a team
· Meets all standards for performance, appearance and service provision.
· Maintains existing food programmes and develops new concepts/strategies that ensure the highest possible quality of food and service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
· Ensures relevant records such as temperature sheets, and food labelling is kept up to date
· Ensures that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including personnel management, sanitation, food preparation, storage and health and safety.
· Implements and maintains effective inventory and shortage controls
· Ensures that adequate inventories are maintained and storage is provided
· Reviews all bookings for catered activities, i.e. banquets/meetings/weddings/societies etc
· Works with other departments to ensure efficiencies of operations
· Complies with BGL personnel policies and health and safety procedure
· To undertake any further duties as requested by the management
We strive to maintain open and honest communication with our people, customers and business partners at all times.
We support our local communities and strive to create a positive impact by providing accessible and enjoyable leisure facilities. We are committed to the development of golf and general wellbeing and supporting our local communities by our fundraising activities.
Our policies and practices for managing our business highlight our commitment to protect and nurture our natural environment.
People are our lifeblood. We want them to develop to their full potential. We highly value the people who work for us and the customers we are here to serve.
We take great pride and ownership in everything we do. We strive to be the best we can and to be the leaders in our marketplace.
We are committed to offering our customers the highest quality products and services.
We continually evaluate our performance and endeavour to be the best.
We look beyond what awaits us around the corner, working to achieve longer term goals to
create a sustainable business.
- Meals On Duty
- Uniforms Provided
- 50% off for you & 3 others when dining (Once a Month)
- Free Access To Health & fitness & Golf
- Company Pension Scheme
- Holiday Entitlement
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00-£10.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
Wear Masks, Sanitising stations, Social distancing