Thornbury Golf Centre is part of BGL Golf (Burhill Golf and Leisure Ltd) and one of the largest owners and operators of golf facilities in the UK privately owned by the Guinness Family. The Company is committed to ensuring that each site provides the highest quality in its market segment with particular emphasis on the company vision and values.
Assist the with the daily kitchen operation and food preparations for restaurant and events business.
Main Duties Include:
- To work alongside the Head Chef and 2nd Chef and assist in the running of the kitchen, and in the absence of the head chef/ 2nd chef to assist in the running the kitchen department such as food ordering.
- Completes all food preparation for all catering outlets, which may include bar/lounge, snack bar, on course sales and function suite.
- Meets all standards for performance, appearance, and service provision.
- Maintain the Centres existing food programs and ensure the highest possible quality of food and service.
- Ensure all health and safety and food safety laws are adhered too.
- Ensures relevant records such as temperature sheets are maintained.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including personnel management, sanitation, food preparation, storage and health and safety.
- Implements and maintains effective inventory and shortage controls
- Ensures that adequate inventories are maintained and storage is provided
- Reviews all bookings for catered activities, i.e. banquets/meetings/weddings/societies etc.
- Works with other departments to ensure efficiencies of operations.
- Complies with BGL personnel policies and health and safety procedures.
- To undertake any further duties as requested by the management.
We do expect a level of flexible working patterns, however we do not expect split shifts.
Job Types: Full-time, 40-hour permanent contract
Salary: £21 – 22k per annum
Immediate start available