Aldwickbury Park Golf Club is part of BGL Golf (Burhill Group Ltd), one of the largest owners and operators of golf facilities in the UK and privately owned by the Guinness Family. The Club boasts a thriving and active membership, providing both a full 18-hole course and 9-hole short course for members and visitors to enjoy.
The Park Course, designed by former Ryder Cup player Ken Brown and course architect Martin Gillett, is a well laid out 6368-yard par 71 renowned for the quality of its greens. The combination of mature woodland, undulating parkland and lakes provides an array of challenges, enhanced by stunning views over the Lea Valley making it one of the finest golf courses in Hertfordshire. The Park Course is proud host to a Jamega Professional Tour event each year and earned a place in the “Top 100 Must Play Courses in 2020” as voted by Golfshake.com.
We are currently seeking suitable candidates for the position of Deputy Course Manager to join our talented Greenkeeping Team.
Under the general supervision of the Course Manager, the Deputy Golf Course Manager will direct and participate in the maintenance and upkeep of the course to the highest possible standards utilising all available resources.
Applications are invited with the following attributes:
- Minimum NVQ III or equivalent.
- PA1, 2 and 6a Spraying certificates.
- Experience of modern irrigation equipment and techniques.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate staff, along with and in the absence of the Golf Course Manager.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of IT.
- Good working knowledge of machinery maintenance.
- Experience in construction of Tees, Greens and Bunkers.
- Chainsaw qualifications desirable.
The successful applicant will be part of this progressive organisation and demonstrate a professional and modern approach to Golf Course Management