POSITION: Food and Beverage Manager – Wycombe Heights Golf Centre, High Wycombe.
Responsible to: General Manager
Scope and General Purpose: Responsible for the entire food and beverage service operation, running of events and functions, along with actively promoting and driving casual sales. To instil a customer focused culture that engages staff to deliver excellent levels of service.
- Managing the overall food and beverage operation, including within the Clubhouse and on our Driving Range.
- Works front of house and leads the F&B team, to oversee the daily operation of all food and beverage outlets .
- Manages all departmental resources and employees, including hiring, training, scheduling, developing and evaluating.
- Ensures that co-workers meet all standards for performance, appearance and service provision, determines assignments and division of responsibilities.
- Ensures full personnel management of entire front of house team, including job chats, staff reviews, annual appraisals, objective setting, along with recording all external and on job training.
- Reviews all bookings for catered activities, i.e., weddings, functions, meetings and large golf societies to ensure efficient running and excellent service is maintained throughout their event.
- Maintains existing food and beverage programmes and develops new concepts/strategies that ensure the highest possible quality of food service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
- Conduct a daily Club tour of the property to ensure a clean and tidy operation.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including personnel management, sanitation, food preparation and storage, alcoholic beverage service, cash and credit card processing, and health and safety.
- To record all beverage deliveries onto ESP and to order all relevant goods via f n b shop.
- Works alongside the Head Chef to create and develop menus and prices, and ensures recipe cards are completed to ensure minimum cost of sales and maximum profit.
- Responsible for all food, beverage and supply purchases maximising corporate agreed supplier contracts.
- Responsible for controlling food and beverage labour costs in line with set targets by accurately forecasting staffing levels against the needs of the business, and to record wage costs and forecasting on a weekly basis for the centre and head office.
- Implements and maintains effective inventory and shortage controls.
- Solicits and handles customer inquiries, comments, suggestions and concerns to provide answers or determine solutions.Follows up with guests/members to ensure satisfaction.
- Conducts regular staff meetings and posts notices for co-workers to communicate goals, events and any changes to policy and/or procedure.
- Completes various financial reports and budgets to keep management informed of goals and status, and to aid in making effective business decisions. Responsible for all Food and Beverage department accounting and files.
- Works with other departments to ensure efficiencies of operations.
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- To undertake any further duties as requested by the management.
We expect all our staff to strive to:
- Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Create and have a positive impact on our local community. Supporting regular neighbourhood events and working closely with society.
- Protect and nurture our environment, consider everything from alternative work methods through to maintaining and supporting our local wildlife.
- Support each other in everything we do, recognise and develop each individual’s potential.
- Take complete ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do.
- Deliver to our customer’s consistent high levels of service, quality and value in everything we do
- Look for alternatives to what we do seeking out and exploiting natural resources.