POSITION: Food and Beverage Supervisor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Food and Beverage/Bar Manager
To work closely with the Food and Beverage team in running the food and beverage operation for the golf course; manage co-workers while maintaining excellence in quality control and excellent customer relations. Learn all aspects of the Food and Beverage Manager duties.
- Manages all food and beverage service outlets with a hands on approach in the absence of the Food and Beverage Manager, which may include bar/lounge, restaurant, casual dining, catering department, kitchen, snack bar and convenience cart, and co-ordinates to achieve qualitative/quantitative goals and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that co-workers meet all standards for performance, appearance and service provision, determines assignments and division of responsibilities.
- Maintains existing food and beverage programmes that ensure the highest possible quality of food service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
- Conducts club tour of property to ensure clean and tidy operation.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures related to the operation of the Food and Beverage department are enforced and implemented appropriately, including personnel management, sanitation, food preparation and storage, alcoholic beverage service, cash and credit card processing, till operations, stock control and health and safety.
- Manages and maintains purchasing system ensuring all invoices are managed effectively and accurately in the absence of the food and beverage manager.
- Implements and maintains effective inventory and shortage control in the absence of the food and beverage manager
- Ensures that adequate inventories are maintained, secured and storage is provided.
- Reviews all bookings for catered activities, ie: banquets, meetings, golf societies, weddings and ensure all appropriate preparation is made in advance.
- Solicits and handles customer enquiries, comments, suggestions and concerns to provide answers or determine solutions.Follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Conducts staff meetings with and post notices for co-workers to communicate goals, events and any changes to policy and/or procedure.
- Complete various financial reports and budgets to keep management informed of goals and status, and to aid in making effective business decisions. Responsible for the beverage section accounting and files in the absence of the food and beverage manager.
- Works with other departments to ensure efficiencies of operations.
- Controlling beverage and labour costs by accurately estimating needs for supplies.
- Assisting the manager in rota’s and wage forecast for the beverage department ensuring that they fall within the budgeted payroll to sales.
- Provides feedback to Food and Beverage Manager regarding such things as customer comments, ideas for service improvement, strategies for revenue growth, and health and safety issues.
- Complies with BGL personnel policies and procedures and health and safety procedures
- To undertake any further duties as requested by the management.
- Maintaining existing food and beverage programmes and develops new concepts/strategies that ensure the highest possible quality of food service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
- Creating and developing menus and prices, in conjunction with chef, and ensure recipe cards are completed to ensure minimum cost of sales and maximum profit.
- Identifying new market opportunities and maximise sale potential through aggressive marketing of the property’s various food and beverage services and events, including flyers, newspaper, telephone, soliciting, brochures, promotional events etc.
We expect all our staff to strive to:
- Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Create and have a positive impact on our local community. Supporting regular neighbourhood events and working closely with society.
- Protect and nurture our environment, consider everything from alternative work methods through to maintaining and supporting our local wildlife.
- Support each other in everything we do, recognised and develop each individuals potential.
- Take complete ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do.
- Deliver to our customer’s consistent high levels of service, quality and value in everything we do
- Look for alternatives to what we do seeking out and exploiting natural resources.