Job Title Landscape Operative Apprentice
Location The primary location during employment will be based at the Burhill Estate in Walton-on-Thames providing the day-to-day maintenance services throughout the Burhill Estate, and Pyrford Estate, in Woking. Occasionally work may be required on a day-to-day basis at other locations within the Group.
Working Hours 7.30am – 4.00pm, inclusive of 30-minute lunch break (40 hours per week)
Salary £14k - £19k per annum (Subject to age)
Requirements Full Driving Licence required
Scope and Job Purpose
To provide an efficient, timely and professional service to the Company whilst operating to the highest standards of workmanship. Comply with apprenticeship requirements, attending college when required and additional work when requested.
Additional certified training will also be provided, as requested.
- To undertake:
- grass cutting to verges and other grassed or lawned areas (excluding works to golf course)
- to assist in tree felling and pruning, including hedge maintenance
- Application of pesticides and treatment of Japanese knotweed
- Internal & Perimeter property maintenance
- repairs and renewal to fences, roads, ditches, drains and signs
- To actively participate as part of the maintenance team to deliver the tasks outlined in (1) above on a daily and proactive basis.
- To deliver the highest standards of health and safety in line with industry/Company standards and colleague safety.
- It should be noted that this job description is neither contractual nor exhaustive and that the Company reserves the right to ask you to undertake such activities and duties that are reasonable and relevant to your employment and within your capability.
Key Personal Attributes
A good team player with initiative and flare for their work, can work to a timescale and be able to independently contribute to the team. Someone who aspires to pursue a career in Landscape and Horticulture is important and whom believes they can be loyal and patient for what the future may hold.