POSITION: Maintenance Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Maintenance Manager
Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of the building and equipment within Birchwood Park Golf and Country Club in an aim to comply with legal responsibilities, prevent and minimise breakdowns and to ensure repairs are conducted competently and quickly.
- Maintain and follow a program of routine maintenance for all equipment adhering to the manufacturer’s guidelines
- Help with the maintenance, operation and servicing of the building and all equipment within Birchwood Park Golf Club
- To help diagnose and repair operational faults.
- Be flexible where needed, ensuring standards and timescales of work are maintained.
- Work in conjunction with the site and group maintenance needs.
- Work with the management team to control stock levels of consumable items to ensure we minimise down time wherever possible.
- Liaise, build and maintain good communication with departmental staff, managers and external suppliers
- Help to run and safely maintain pool plant, sauna, steam room and hydrotherapy areas, including pool water testing, and the safe handling of chemicals.
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance, operation and servicing of the club including pool plant.
- Inspect the operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Assist in ensuring policies and procedures meet statutory and audit requirements.
- Assist in monitoring the performance of suppliers, contractors, consultants, and other delivery partners on a regular basis to ensure regulatory targets are met, the quality of workmanship and service is maintained and ‘value for money’ service provided.
- Diagnose and help repair all operational faults.
- Maintain all service records in line with company standards
- Be competent in using a variety of maintenance tools including, but not limited to, drills, saws, grinding equipment and hand tools.
- Remain compliant with BGL personnel policies and procedures, health and safety procedures and all online training
- Ensure the workshop and environment is maintained, organised, safe and clean at all times.
- Help to assist in maintenance and presentation of the building both indoors and outdoors, including decoration.
- Use of chemicals in line with correct use of COSHH and using the correct PPE.
- Complies with BGL personnel policies and procedures and health and safety procedures
- To undertake any further duties as requested by the management.
- External weather. Employee is regularly required to stand, work and walk outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Confined spaces. Employee will at times need to work in crawl spaces and confined spaces.
- There may be an occasional to work overnight as and when it is deemed necessary.
We expect all our staff to strive to:
- Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Create and have a positive impact on our local community. Supporting regular neighbourhood events and working closely with society.
- Protect and nurture our environment, consider everything from alternative work methods through to maintaining and supporting our local wildlife.
- Support each department in everything we do.
- Take ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do.
- Deliver to our customer’s consistent high levels of service, quality and value.