Position: Sales Executive / Events Co-Ordinator
Responsible To: Sales & Marketing Manager
This full-time role will include sales and coordination of weddings, functions, group golf and membership. Based in the sales office you will be responsible for the customer sales journey from initial enquiry be that via online or telephone, through to the day of the event.
We are looking for someone who is passionate in delivering sales results whilst maintaining excellent customer service in a friendly and welcoming manner. Experience of working in sales within the hospitality sector is preferred, but an outgoing, results driven individual with a passion for sales and service is key.
As a Sales Executive / Events Co-ordinator you will be responsible for achieving monthly sales targets across numerous revenue streams. Your duties will include:
- Handling customer sales enquiries from start to finish of weddings, meetings, events, Christmas, golf days and golf membership.
- Maintain a good knowledge of all our products and services, actively upsell to our customers.
- Maintain an accurate customer CRM and follow up at specified times.
- Understand customer needs and maintain accurate information in order to provide an accurate and competitive quotation.
- Monitor market trends and competitors.
- Help with marketing and sales initiatives.
- Working to retain members through service and initiatives.
- Conduct customer show rounds.
- Obtain customer feedback through follow-up calls and deal with any issues should they arise.
- Be prepared to be hands on in the set-up and delivery of weddings/events/functions.
- Achieving monthly and annual membership sales targets.
- Contributing to reaching and exceeding the monthly and annual Events and Group Golf targets.
DAILY TASKS INCLUDE:
- Handling Telephone enquiries following the company standard by fulfilling the criteria set out on the Telephone Enquiry Assessment Form.
- Touring prospective members around the course/club following the company standard by fulfilling the criteria set out on the Tour Assessment Form.
- Responding to Web Enquiries within one hour by telephone where possible.
- Processing prospect information accurately onto the prospect system and following up all enquiries by setting actions on the prospect system accordingly.
- Processing new memberships onto the membership system accurately and correctly.
- Deliver to daily KPIs including completed call targets.
- Generating new leads as per the activities agreed on the planner.
- Contributing to the planner by putting ideas forward and carrying out activities on the planner set by the Sales Manager.
- Knowing the product.
- Ensuring that all sales procedures are being correctly implemented and used to generate new leads and convert enquiries to business.
- Being self-sufficient on lead generation, through effective follow up calls, initiating referrals, outreaching and any other means deemed necessary by the Sales Manager.
- Own conversion rate in line with the company expectations.
- Attending Sales Meetings when appropriate.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Being fully conversant with the Club’s Health and Safety policy and emergency procedures for fire and accident, reporting any accidents in the prescribed manner.
- Complies with BGL personnel policies and procedures and health and safety procedures
- To undertake any further duties as requested by the management.
We expect all our staff to strive to:
- Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Create and have a positive impact on our local community. Supporting regular neighbourhood events and working closely with society.
- Protect and nurture our environment, consider everything from alternative work methods through to maintaining and supporting our local wildlife.
- Support each other in everything we do, recognised and develop each individual’s potential.
- Take complete ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do.
- Deliver to our customer’s consistent high levels of service, quality and value in everything we do
- Look for alternatives to what we do seeking out and exploiting natural resources.