Position: Wedding and Events Sales Executive
Responsible to: General Manager
Support position: Group Sales Manager
40 hours per week. Including evenings and weekends to suit the needs of the business.
This role will require a self-starter and progression to Sales Manager is possible within 18 months.
Working within the Sales Team to achieve monthly and annual sales targets. Meeting with wedding couples and event organisers to accomplish the sale, organisation and set-up of weddings and large functions on a weekly basis. Arranging appointments and following up in person, over the phone and through email. Training on the prospecting and booking systems will be provided, a responsibility to maintain a thorough knowledge will be required.
Daily Tasks Include
- Handling and converting enquiries to company standards through telephone and email, with aims of creating appointments to attain sales.
- Touring prospective clients around the venue fulfilling the criteria set out on the Tour Assessment Form and maximising upselling opportunities.
- Contacting/meeting event organisers and wedding couples to confirm final details and take payments in line with expectations.
- Book and update suppliers to match final details prior to events.
- Contact customers after events to get feedback and encourage repeat bookings within a 48-hour period.
- Liaising with the food and beverage team clearly, thoroughly preparing for events using function sheets and attending weekly operations meetings.
- Creating and delivering wedding fayres.
- Update the golf clubs’ social media for awareness and sales purposes.
- Booking and finalising Christmas party nights, including creating place cards, table plans, collecting food choices and chasing final balances.
- Conducting outreach and generating new leads in the local area and suggesting methods by which this can be achieved.
- Utilising prospect and booking systems accurately and correctly.
- In the absence of the Golf Sales Executive meet and greet golf day organisers and follow up to encourage re-booking.
- Contribute ideas in team meetings and planning meetings.
- Chase deposits and signed terms and conditions forms in line with the company procedures.
- Efficient handover of all events to the Food and Beverage team, including the final meeting and handover of the Bride and Groom.
- Know the product and ensure that all documentation is accurate and detailed.
- Adhere to the Key performance indicators set by the GM/GSM.
- Complete allergens training and adhere to the company standard with regards to food allergens.
- Comply with Burhill Golf and Leisure Ltd Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of social media and potential marketing and lead generation techniques.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Well presented with a professional manner both in person and over the phone.
- Capability in utilising basic computer programs.
- Good written communication skills.
- Flexibility in working hours and commitments.
- Ability to work within a team and assist in the completion of tasks.
- Self-sufficiency and initiative in order to fill the workday.
- Listening skills in order to take in and realise instructions.
We expect all our staff to strive to:
- Maintain open and honest communication with our customers, both internal and external, at all times.
- Create and have a positive impact on our local community. Supporting regular neighbourhood events and working closely with society.
- Protect and nurture our environment, consider everything from alternative work methods through to maintaining and supporting our local wildlife.
- Support each other in everything we do, recognise and develop each individuals potential.
- Take complete ownership of their own actions and have pride in what they do.
- Deliver to our customer’s consistent high levels of service, quality and value in everything we do.
- Look for alternatives to what we do seeking out and exploiting natural resources.
This job description has been prepared as a working document to identify the main areas of responsibility. It is not intended to be a definitive statement of duties nor specifically exclude any tasks which may reasonably be required.